Options for treating premature ejaculation in Frisco, TX
Are you dissatisfied with your sexual performance, and frustrated by the inability to control ejaculation? If so, you are not alone. Premature ejaculation (PE) is an incredibly common problem, believed to affect about a third of all men. The good news is that solutions are available. Dr. Buch, of Low T Guru in Frisco, TX has decades of experience successfully treating a variety of male fertility and sexual health problems, including premature ejaculation.
What causes PE
Premature ejaculation is a complex issue, which can involve many factors such as:
- Serotonin – Low levels of serotonin are associated with rapid ejaculation, while higher levels can increase time to ejaculation.
- Mental and emotional health – Because there is a significant psychological component to sex, PE is sometimes linked to relationship problems, depression, or similar issues.
- ED – Although sometimes confused, premature ejaculation (PE) is different from erectile dysfunction (ED). A man with PE can achieve an erection but he is unable to delay ejaculation after penetration. A man with ED is unable to achieve or maintain a firm erection. In some instances, it can be difficult to tell which is the real issue. If you have been diagnosed with ED, treating it is usually the priority. Some men find that their PE problem resolves after ED has been treated.
- Behavioral – Sometimes the problem is essentially a habit. Although most healthy men can control ejaculation at least to some extent, it can take practice.
- Health conditions – PE may be related to a hormonal imbalance or testosterone deficiency.
What is the best treatment for PE?
The best treatment for any condition is the one tailored to your specific needs. Dr. Buch will begin with a consultation to learn about the nature of your issue. He may recommend diagnostics such as testosterone level testing. Once he has determined the most likely cause or causes of your PE, he will recommend an appropriate treatment plan. This may include advice about techniques to delay ejaculation, exercise recommendations, testosterone therapy, antidepressants, or other solutions including the use of ED medications to prolong erections after climax or to regain your erection after climax more quickly.