Men seeking better understanding of Peyronie’s disease are finding solutions from doctor in Frisco, TX
Peyronie’s disease is thought to affect about 6 percent of men between the ages of 40 and 70. While rare in younger men, it has been seen in men as young as those in their 30s. Peyronie’s disease is an ailment which causes a curvature in the penis due to a buildup of plaque inside the penis, which causes a pull on surrounding tissues. It also can cause significant pain or discomfort as well as cause erectile dysfunction, or ED. Dr. Jeffrey Buch at Low T Guru in Frisco, TX takes great joy in offering several options to treat your Peyronie’s disease that will have you pain free and also restore your self-confidence in the bedroom.
Signs and Symptoms
Many men may not have heard of or know what to look for when it comes to Peyronie’s disease. You may have this disease if you have experienced any of the following symptoms:
- Hard lumps along any side of your penis
- Pain or discomfort while you have an erection or during sexual intercourse
- A curvature of your penis while erect or flaccid
- A change in the shape of your penis, which could include shortening or narrowing
- Erectile dysfunction
Any of these symptoms could show up abruptly or over a significant amount of time and may be anywhere from mild to severe. It’s been seen, in many cases, that any pain associated with Peyronie’s disease may decrease over time, while the curve in your penis will remain. Problems with erectile dysfunction or intercourse may occur at any stage of the disease.
Who Is More Likely to Suffer from Peyronie’s Disease?
Men who may be at higher risk for Peyronie’s disease include those who:
- Take part in vigorous sexual and non-sexual activities which can lead to micro-injuries in the penis
- Have autoimmune disorders
- Have a family history of Peyronie’s disease
- Are more senior in age
- Suffer from diabetes or ED
- Have had prostate cancer treatment through surgery
If you are looking for a solution to your Peyronie’s disease, please give Dr. Jeffrey Buch a call at (972) 430-4554 and he will discuss treatment options with you and set you on a path to increased sexual health.Back to Treatment For Curved Penis Page